Crystals are more than just fashion accessories, they possess interesting properties that can help us out in a plethora of ways.
If you don’t know what you’re missing out on these sparkling objects, then we can help you out with that right here in this article.
Understanding Crystals & How They Effect You
- Crystals can emit their own frequencies. Quartz, for example, has been used in technology to emit at regular frequencies whenever it’s stimulated.
- Crystals have the ability to absorb and transmit light (which is the most universal energy in existence). Due to this, crystals are able to draw in universal energy and reflect it among their internal crystalline structures and then send it to a receiving source, which is you.
- They possess the most orderly atomic structure in nature, resulting in the slowest rate of entropy (the rate at which things fall apart).
- They can be used for various types of divination (such as the bowl and ball scrying and pendulum dowsing). So you would be wise to polish them up every now and then.
- There are several types of quartz, but the most recurring ones are usually Rose, Clear, Citrine, Smokey, and Amethyst. While they grow, quartz can change colors, especially when they are around other crystals.
- Through regular practice and exposure, the human body will be able to replicate the perfectly balanced and stable energy of the crystal.
- Most of the Citrine that is being sold in the market these days is Amethyst, which is treated at high temperatures in laboratories. But that is not to say that this procedure makes the crystal less desirable. Though it may bring the price down significantly, it still resonates with the lower Chakras and promotes motivation and abundance. Citrine that’s been heated up can easily be recognized by its white base that fades into golden orange (which is about the same color as natural Citrine) or yellow.
- Crystal healing can be done on anything that possesses an energy field. It could be a person, an animal, a plant or even the environment.
Most crystals intensify in their colors when treated with heat.
- Both the human body and crystal have an inherent energetic blueprint, meaning that the energies of the body can be balanced by simply placing a crystal nearby.
- Every crystal resonates with at least one Chakra. What this means is that the frequency that a crystal emits matches that of a Chakra. Once they interact, (like when a Red Jasper interacts with the Root Chakra), the regularly oscillating frequencies of the crystal can gently pull your own frequency back into alignment. This is the underlying basis of some crystal healing.
They are greatly helpful in clearing and balancing the chakras, resulting in an overall balanced version of yourself.
- Crystals aren’t just great for rejuvenating the body, they’re also great for homes. Placing just a couple of crystals around your room or any other space is a great way to spread good vibes around. You can also group them together with essential oils or cleansing herbs for an added boost.
- They are great at deflecting negative energies like psychic attacks.
- You can use the Moh’s Hardness Scale to identify crystals. It is a scale that ranges from 1 (talc which is the softest) to 10 (Diamonds, which are the hardest) and it’s quite simple to use. Any crystal that is higher on the scale can scratch any of the ones below them. For instance, Quartz is a 7 and Fluorite is a 4, which means Quartz can scratch a Fluorite but not the other way around. The scale can also rank household items like a nail or a glass. This means you can use the scale to see if your new crystal is glass.
- You can also determine fake ones as well using a couple of easy tricks. For example, if you see a fluorite tower that is on sale for about $20 but then see it in a shop for about $2, then it must be fake. To get more details on whether or not it’s fake, just talk to the shop owner. Apart from the price, you can even go off-color. If you see a vibrant and strange ‘natural’ Citrine for only a couple of dollars, then it could be a heat-treated Amythyst or just colored glass.